How to Achieve that Beautifully Bronzed Glow
1-2 Days Prior
- 24-48 hours to session: Use a pH-balancing scrub and cleanser, such as our Renewing Sunless Exfoliator.
- Avoid all bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction, and cause a film on your skin.
- Discontinue the use of any bar soaps, DOVE or DIAL products. These will disrupt the pH balance of your skin and result in an uneven tan, patchiness and sometimes orange results.
Make sure all manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials and massages are done at least the day before your Bronzed appointment. The oils used during these services will create a barrier between your skin and the Bronzed application, and will result in an uneven spray tan.
Day of Bronzed Appointment
- Remove any makeup before your session.
- Pack appropriate clothing! If it’s raining make sure you have proper attire that covers you from head to toe. You don’t want one drop of rain hitting your new Bronzed skin. You will need to put on loose, dark cotton clothing after your session– aka NO DENIM, tight waist bands, etc
- Do not apply anything to the skin that can cause a barrier between the solution and the skin. Do not apply lotions, creams, or perfumes prior to your session.
- Take a shower – but just a warm water rinse. Any soaps, shampoos or conditioners that get on your skin the day of your tan may leave a residue and impede the sunless tanning process. Make sure not to use any “moisturizing soaps” – these will leave a film on your skin that will result in a blotchy tan. Stay far away from Dove, Dial, Ivory and similar products!
- Skip the lotions, oils, perfume and deodorant OR plan on using an exfoliating mitt ($10) to take this all off!
Post Bronze Tips
- Change into a loose fitting top and bottom, no bras or tight clothing. Sweatpants, robes, pajamas, flip flops and/or loose t-shirts are best! Avoid tight clothing or clothing that allows your skin to touch skin. This will result in double processing of your Bronze.
- Leave solution on your skin for 12-24 hours unless instructed otherwise by your Beautifully Bronzed specialist. BB Body Wash & Tan Extend after 24 hours.
- Rapid rinse solution must be rinsed off at the time your specialist suggests.
- In the first warm water rinse, completely remove all cosmetic bronzers with water and hands only. Make sure the water rinses clear.
- Do not use any products on your skin for 24 hours after your tan. All Beautifully Bronzed solutions will reach final development at 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, keep your skin hydrated and moisturized daily with Tan Extend. Stay away from mineral oil, AHAs, petroleum, ethanol, exfoliating and alcohol based products as these will strip your tan faster.
- Keep in mind, the act of soaking and scrubbing during any nail treatments will remove the tan on the legs and feet.
- Working out and/or sweating should be avoided during development period.
- Apply sunscreen, safe sun care is a must!